Despite the two not meeting face to face, during Part I of the Naruto series, Kakashi mentions Yagura as the Mizukage that Zabuza tried to assassinate.
During the anime-only arc for sealing the Three-Tails, Sakura had met a boy called Yūkimaru, a boy who resembled Yagura in appearance -- similar hair color, eye color and clothing. She interacted well with him and used the mystical palm technique on him when he was in a worsened state. Yūkimaru was also a test subject who had the ability to partially control the Three-Tails, the tailed beast which Yagura contained within him.
Sakura had seen Yagura, along with the rest of the previous Kages during their summoning for the combined sealing jutsu after the final battle with Kaguya.
Among the fans
Yagura is not shipped with many characters. As heroine of the series, Sakura becomes shipped among a majority of the characters and Yagura is no exception. YaguSaku is the most popular Yagura couple within the fan-base.
These two characters have a lot in common:
- Sakura (サクラ) can also be written (さくら, 櫻, 桜) whilst Yagura (やぐら) can also be written (ヤグラ, 櫓, 楼).
- These characters strongly resemble each other as they use some of the same strokes and phonetic syllables in all variations.
- Both born on Spring: Sakura (March 28), Yagura (April 3), meaning their birthdays are 6 days apart.
- Their colors are inverted. Sakura has green eyes, pink hair and clothes, whilst Yagura has pink eyes and greenish-gray hair and clothing.
- The two wear boot-type sandals, a skirt-sash overlay and chain-mail (Sakura used to wear one).
- They are both proficient in water release, although Sakura's usage is yet to be shown.