Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring:As Sarada and Chocho are talking with each other inside a cafe, Mitsuki approaches the two kunoichis and begins noting about the "tragic heroic syndrome." Right away, he greets the two while figuring out their clan identity. Commenting on how he recognized Chocho right away because of her family crest and appearance, at the same time, he recieves a humorous comment from Chouchou about his gaze and "how fragile a young girl's heart is." Later, before the two kunoichis begin their chase after the Seventh Hokage as he leaves the village to start on their 'journey', they spot Boruto and Mitsuki. As Boruto and Sarada are bickering, Chouchou begins to comment on Boruto's bento but is quickly pulled aside by Mitsuki. Asking if he was going to confess to her, he comments back and states how her condition was geting worse. Finally, when Sarada calls Chouchou over to start on their 'journey,' catching up to the kunoichi, Chouchou humoursly comments on how Mitsuki probably likes her.
- Although most of Mitsuki and Chouchou's comments are made for humourous effect, Chouchou is shown constantly bringing up topics of 'love' around Mitsuki.
- Mitsuki and Chouchou are the only ones who commented on each other's profiles page.
Chouchou to Mitsuki - Chapter 700+2:
- "Hey, Mr. Know-it-all!! You don't know the first thing about the delicate and sensitive heart of a girl!"
Chouchou to Mitsuki - Chapter 700+3:
- "I don't have time for a love confession..."
Chouchou to Sarada about Mitsuki - Chapter 700+3:
- "He's crushing on me so hard...like, as if!!!"
Chouchou's comment about Mitsuki (character profiles from Boruto: Naruto Next Generations):
- "To me, he somehow gives off an unsettling atmosphere…I’m really sorry (about mentioning this)!"
MItsuki's comment about Chouchou (character profiles from Boruto: Naruto Next Generations):
- "Since Akimichi-san stands out…no matter where she is, or what she’s doing…you’ll immediately know! But that’s fine!"
Among the Fans
MitsuCho is a fairly new, but well-known pairing in the fandom. Although there was some small interest in the two characters' during their introduction towards each other in 700+2, they weren't acknowledged as much until after chapter 700+3. The pairing is supported because despite most of the comments made by the two to be served as a comedic effect, Chouchou's comments also serve as a hint of interest in Mitsuki while he often tries to pull away from her ditziness. Its rival pairings are BoruMitsu and MitsuSara.